The quality of our engagement with each other has a direct impact on our success as individuals, communities, organizations, cities, regions, nations and as a species. A community’s success, sense of identity, vision and place all turn on the quality of our conversation, our ingenuity in facing challenges, and our willingness to learn and explore with each other.
The Art of Conversation
As a facilitator and coach, POPULUS approaches each conversation with a view to shifting from the vicious circle to the virtuous circle. With both individuals and groups, POPULUS strives to:
- Facilitate and coach conversations that strengthen relationships
- Support creation of common purpose and goals
- Explore alternatives and options
- Check in with reality and ascertain obstacles
- Create an action plan with commitment
- Support mindful citizenship
The Art of Intention
In tackling each challenge, finding the core intention is key. Conversation guides individuals and group exploration of the goal and how to get there. The following questions guide individual and group exploration:
- What is the purpose of the work?
- What is the goal?
- What is the current reality?
- What opportunities exist to reach the goal?
- What is the way forward?
The Art of Learning and Exploring
While we work together, we learn from each other, and learn to learn from other. POPULUS seeks ways for people to support each other and weave their ideas and aspirations together to create a common, purposeful, conscious future.
For every endeavour the following question is asked: is there an opportunity to deliberately make the connection between our behaviour and our ability to improve the relationships between people and our personal and community’s well-being?
In teasing out the emerging future that is calling to us, POPULUS seeks to:
- Support people/groups that have a small voice
- Support the collaboration of individuals and groups
- Practice authentic leadership
The Art of Placemaking
Creating neighbourhood, community and city places is a messy and complex art that includes the mesh of human interests and values. Through conversation, collaborative design and collaborative action, POPULUS shifts the focus from separation to integration, from space to place. Generating our future together…